Monday, January 6, 2014

I would've liked to start off my 8:00 a.m J-term with my alarm going off on time, but instead I woke up at 7:47 and got to class on time. Oh well.

I feel like the first few blog posts are going to be slightly awkward for everyone involved, since we're mostly concerned now with meeting the requirements of the assignment (and all probably a little nervous as to what you're expecting, Dr. Reed!); however, I would like to think all of us will eventually slip into a comfortable lull of writing and posting,while being stuck inside our rooms because of the "polar vortex" outside.

In my spare time though, after our discussion in class regarding the Rock-a-bye Baby, I decided to Google the origins of said nursery rhyme. Sources say it could have been inspired by the Native Americans, some English royal family, or by a family living in an actual tree. Regardless, it seems like no one is definite, and I'm not too sure I care that much to investigate which origin is the true birth of the rhyme.

I think I'm done with my first blog post of the term. Now, to go get some iced coffee while the polar vortex rages outside (but we still have class! Not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose)!


enjoy a small drawing of my feelings of the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment